We are committed to interacting with developers as they prepare for commission hearings such as Special Land Use. Our Development Committee now has regularly scheduled virtual meetings to begin vetting projects on the first Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm at our office at 700 Clancy for your convenience. You will need to communicate with our staff member, Elianna Bootzin (see footer for contact info), by noon on the Friday before the scheduled meeting that you have a project to present (including the address and type of development). Without an item on the agenda, the meeting for the month will be canceled. Please refer to the outline prepared by our Development Committee for additional information on what to expect during this process.
Below you’ll find a variety of resources. If you recommend additional content, please let us know.
- You may anticipate our preferences by reviewing the Belknap Lookout Area Specific Plan (completed in 2009 and adopted by the City of Grand Rapids in 2010).
- Information on connectivity in the neighborhood: MOBL NOBL Charrette Aug 2006.
- The Monroe North business district has an Area Specific Plan of its own. We often choose to be fairly hands off with these projects as they are addressed to the Monroe North Business Association but we would appreciate the opportunity to choose whether to engage.
- You probably already know you’ll be working with the City of Grand Rapids Development Center.
- Similarly, you’re likely to be working with the City of Grand Rapids Planning Department.
- You may also want to check the resources on the landlords page.
- You may also want to check the resources on the businesses page.
- Want to learn more about green building? Learn more and sign up for information from Grand Rapids Green Affordable Housing here.