Grand Valley State University owns five blocks within the residential portion of the neighborhood, four of which will be developed into a health professions campus in the decades to come.
- The building at 500 Lafayette opens for student use in May 2018.
- Construction for 333 Michigan will begin in fall 2018.
Most of the following documents from their engagement process with the neighborhood were originally hosted at the “GVSU NOBL Planning” site:
- April 26, 2017 (Final) Master Plan Session
- Map and Timeline of Previous Attempted Parking Solutions; Creating a Transit Culture
- Related: Michigan Street Corridor Plan and Michigan Street Corridor Anchor Study
- March 13, 2017 Master Plan Session
- December 21, 2016 Master Plan Session
- April 13, 2016 Presentation on the 500 Lafayette Building
- February 9, 2016 City Commission resolution adopting MOUs; Tenant Relocation Protocol
GVSU students have been involved at Coit Creative Arts Academy as reading mentors:
City of Grand Rapids Second Ward Commissioner Joe Jones spoke about NOBL’s involvement in the GVSU Master Planning process at the dedication of Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall: