Grand Valley State University owns five blocks within the residential portion of the neighborhood, four of which will be developed into a health professions campus in the decades to come.
- Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall at 500 Lafayette opened in May 2018.
- Construction for 333 Michigan (the Center for Interprofessional Health) and 335 Michigan (a parking ramp shared with Spectrum Health) began in fall 2018.
Most of the following documents from their engagement process with the neighborhood were originally hosted at the “GVSU NOBL Planning” site:
- April 26, 2017 (Final) Master Plan Session
- Map and Timeline of Previous Attempted Parking Solutions; Creating a Transit Culture
- Related: Michigan Street Corridor Plan and Michigan Street Corridor Anchor Study
- March 13, 2017 Master Plan Session
- December 21, 2016 Master Plan Session
- April 13, 2016 Presentation on the 500 Lafayette Building
- February 9, 2016 City Commission resolution adopting MOUs; Tenant Relocation Protocol
GVSU students have been involved at Coit Creative Arts Academy as reading mentors:
City of Grand Rapids Second Ward Commissioner Joe Jones spoke about NOBL’s involvement in the GVSU Master Planning process at the dedication of Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall: