Can’t make the commitment to a yearlong committee assignment or more? No problem! There are plenty of one-off opportunities to engage in our work. Here’s some of what you’ll hear about by signing up for email announcements:
- Help landscape 6 sites
- Host/attend Perennial Exchange
- Host/attend Dumpster Day
- Host/attend 3 peer education sessions
- Offer feedback on construction projects being planned in the neighborhood.
- Attend a Community Master Plan Session with the City of Grand Rapids.
- Attend Belknap Hill focus groups with the Downtown Development Authority.
- Advocate for snow removal and trash can maintenance in the City budget process.
- Attend homeownership classes.
- Host/attend Tour de Food Trucks
- Host/attend basketball tournament
- Host attend Summer Celebration (a block party/board social)
- Host/attend National Night Out (re-imagined as a neighborhood yard sale/stuff swap)
- Host/attend a farm to table fundraising dinner
- Host/attend a walkathon
- Host/attend a blood drive
- Connect neighbors in hot spots
- Host/attend Public Safety Town Halls
- Help prepare our neighbor directory
- 4 opportunities to hear an issue speaker and give input on what position we should adopt.
- Follow the position development to its presentation to the NOBL board.
- Participate in issue advocacy after position adoption by the NOBL board.
- Garden at 762 North – see more on the Food Justice page.
- Spay and neuter feral cats – use our contact form to get connected.
Want to recommend another opportunity? Get in touch!
Currently scheduled opportunities can be found on our events page.